Connect with us

News

Severe Heat: Dozens Die In India, Government To Give Families $5,700

Published

on


Dozens of Indians have been killed by ‘severe heat’ in Bihar as the country is facing the third week of searing temperatures.

According to AFP, the deaths occurred in three districts of the poor northern state, where temperatures have hovered around 45 degrees Celsius (113 Fahrenheit).

A senior health official, Vijay Kumar told AFP that another forty-nine people were killed as drought hit Magadh region of the country.

It was also reported that most of the victims are aged above 50.

“It was a sudden development on Saturday afternoon. People affected by heatstroke were rushed to different hospitals. “Most of them died on Saturday night and some on Sunday morning during treatment.

“Patients affected by heat stroke are still being brought, the death toll is likely to increase if the heatwave continues,” Kumar said.

Twenty-seven people died in Aurangabad district, 15 in Gaya and seven in Nawada district, officials said.

State Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has announced a compensation of 400,000 rupees ($5,700) for the family of each victim.

Harsh Vardhan, India’s health minister, said people should not leave their homes until temperatures fall.

“Intense heat affects the brain and leads to various health issues,” he said.

In 2017, researchers said South Asia, which is home to one-fifth of the world’s population, could see heat levels rise to unsurvivable levels by the end of the century if no action is taken on global warming.

International

News

AddThis

Original Author

SaharaReporters, New York

Disable advertisements

Davido news

U.S Based Nigerian Record Label Accuse Davido Of Defrauding Them Of 4 Million Naira, Seek Legal Action

Published

on

By

A U.S based Nigerian music management company, “Always On Cash (A.O.C)” have filed a law suit against music superstar, Davido, after they allegedly paid him the sum of 4 million naira to feature their artiste in a written contract in which he didn’t honour.

One of the representatives of the record and management label also reveals they have previously sued Davido to court in which he was summoned 3 times and refused to show up 3 times.

The representative however reveals all they want is Davido to show up in court at the next hearing so they could sort things out amicably.

A statement was released on their official Instagram page and it reads; “This is to officially notify the public that we the management of A.O.C (Always on Cash) Record Label are totally displeased with the dubious acts of David Adedeji Adeleke popularly known as DAVIDO ( @davidoofficial ) over unfulfilled 4million Naira song featuring contract with our artist Tejiri Ochuko Ibhihwiori ‘’TJay’’.

Four Million Naira payment made in FULL and DAVIDO did not fulfill the contract since January 2019, neither was any attempt for refund made.

The matter was reported to the police when several attempts to reach his management failed. It was presented for hearing in court for 3 consecutive times and neither he or any representative from his management appeared before the court to state their claims.

We are hereby pleading that he or his management appears before the court on the next hearing set for 23rd August 2019 so that the matter can be settled amicably by law as all we want is the refund of the 4 million naira paid for the unfulfilled contract.”

The post U.S Based Nigerian Record Label Accuse Davido Of Defrauding Them Of 4 Million Naira, Seek Legal Action appeared first on tooXclusive.

Continue Reading

News

Timi Dakolo Declares War On COZA Founder, Pastor Fatoyinbo After He Tries To Get His Wife Arrested

Published

on

By

Timi Dakolo has declared war on the founder of Common Wealth of Zion Assembly (COZA), pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo after the latest action of the preacher to get him and his wife arrested and whisked to Abuja.

The singer who already raised public alarm after “strange” armed men stormed his house earlier this evening seems to have been able to identify pastor Fatoyinbo as the facilitator of the strange action.

A letter has been sent to Timi and his wife; Busola by the Nigerian police as they have claimed to be investigating a case that is in connection with criminal conspiracy, falshood, mischief and threat to life which apparently has made Timi really furious and promising to go toe-to-toe with Biodun Fatoyinbo in a legal battle.

Timi wrote; “Our lawyers had told us to get ready for this letter. We have long been ready for this type of institutionalized intimidation and dirtiness. Investigating officials have frustrated as a result of underhand delay? Dirty bloggers are fabricating things that cover the truth , going to the IG’s people under dark to force this case to be posted to Abuja? Now this: a false investigation in Abuja when our own petition filed since June has not been answered and NO INVITATION HAS BEEN MADE TO THE ACCUSED IN A RAPE CASE????! NOT ONE MOVEMENT TOWARDS JUSTICE??? Rubbishing the legal and criminal system ?

“And sending a bus load of questionable armed “policemen” and shady men lying in wait to intimidate my wife and children today, forcing their way into my home? Is that how the REAL police delivers a letter ? This is best you can do? This is why all the hurting women and families havent come out with HORRIBLE THINGS DONE TO THEM???!!
You picked the wrong one and you picked the wrong time. Nigerians are more awake than you think .

“I will fight for my wife and my children -it’s the promise I made with my life and one I intend to keep .I will defend them from the unrelenting attack of a weak man who thinks he can use money and power to cover for all of his crimes.
Like I said ,we have since been ready .
GIVE US THE FIRE, THEN WATCH ME WORK!”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Our lawyers had told us to get ready for this letter. We have long been ready for this type of institutionalized intimidation and dirtiness. Investigating officials have frustrated as a result of underhand delay? Dirty bloggers are fabricating things that cover the truth , going to the IG’s people under dark to force this case to be posted to Abuja? Now this: a false investigation in Abuja when our own petition filed since June has not been answered and NO INVITATION HAS BEEN MADE TO THE ACCUSED IN A RAPE CASE????! NOT ONE MOVEMENT TOWARDS JUSTICE??? Rubbishing the legal and criminal system ? And sending a bus load of questionable armed “policemen” and shady men lying in wait to intimidate my wife and children today, forcing their way into my home? Is that how the REAL police delivers a letter ? This is best you can do? This is why all the hurting women and families havent come out with HORRIBLE THINGS DONE TO THEM???!! You picked the wrong one and you picked the wrong time. Nigerians are more awake than you think . I will fight for my wife and my children -it’s the promise I made with my life and one I intend to keep .I will defend them from the unrelenting attack of a weak man who thinks he can use money and power to cover for all of his crimes. Like I said ,we have since been ready . GIVE US THE FIRE, THEN WATCH ME WORK!

A post shared by Timi dakolo (@timidakolo) on

The post Timi Dakolo Declares War On COZA Founder, Pastor Fatoyinbo After He Tries To Get His Wife Arrested appeared first on tooXclusive.

Continue Reading

News

Panic Everywhere As Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Strange Armed Men Who Have Stormed His Home

Published

on

By

Timi Dakolo has raised an alarm to public attention as he reveals there are unidentified men with guns right in front of his house.

The singer made this announcement through his Instagram page just minutes ago which has caused some sort of panick amongst music fans, entertainment industry colleagues and other well-wishers.

However, after making the announcement, popular human-right activist by name Segalink, has adviced him to stay indoors with his family as security operatives from the state command are on their way to his place.

The reason why these strange armed men are in front of Timi’s house is yet unknown but there are rumours spreading so fast that it could be as a result of the ongoing saga between the Dakolo’s and COZA founder, Pastoe Biodun Fatoyinbo.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

STRANGE MEN AT HOUSE,…WITH GUNS

A post shared by Timi dakolo (@timidakolo) on

We sincerely hope Timi and Family stay safe.

The post Panic Everywhere As Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Strange Armed Men Who Have Stormed His Home appeared first on tooXclusive.

Continue Reading

Davido news

Davido Congratulates Wizkid, Burna Boy & Others For Efforts On Beyonce’s New Album; “Lion King: The Gift Album”

Published

on

By

Davido has congratulated every Nigerian & African artiste that has appeared on Beyonce’s newly released album, “Lion King, The Gift Album.”

The music superstar just some minutes ago, took to his Instagram story to congratulate his Nigerian and African music colleagues for being on the album and as well revealed that being on the project is a massive achievement for African music.

He wrote; “Congrats to all my brothers and sisters involved in this project!! One for the books.”

You all would definitely be aware of the rave the album has been having especially here in Africa since it dropped yesterday as some of the continent’s music superstars featured in it.

Wizkid, Burna Boy, Tekno, Mr Eazi, Shatta Wale, Yemi Alade and Tiwa Savage all played a huge part it in the project, a massive reason Davido has lauded their efforts.

 

The post Davido Congratulates Wizkid, Burna Boy & Others For Efforts On Beyonce’s New Album; “Lion King: The Gift Album” appeared first on tooXclusive.

Continue Reading

News

Music Meets Comedy: The Oxymoron of Kenny Blaq billed for THE THIRD TERM

Published

on

By

After staging two magnificent editions, ace comedian Otolorin Kehinde Peter popularly known as Kenny Blaq has announced plans for the third edition of The Oxymoron of Kenny Blaq scheduled to hold on Sunday, July 28th 2019  at Eko Hotel and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.

Tagged “The Third Term”, the show brings Kenny Blaq to the fore in one frenetic night of entertainment alongside other renowned comedians, dancers and musicians.

The Oxymoron of Kenny Blaq 3 is set to be bigger than last year’s event which sold out the Eko Hotel Convention Centre with guest performances from Davido, CDQ, Josh2funny, Small Doctor and many others.

Kenny Blaq who shut down the 02 arena in London recently has promised fans to expect a never-seen-before performance on the show date which also marks the celebration of 5 years on stage.

While speaking about the event, Kenny Blaq said, “My fans should anticipate a side of me they’ve never seen before. I’m more than ready to make history on the 28th of July and I’ll ensure this event will be talked about for several years, get your tickets!”

Since inception, The Oxymoron of Kenny Blaq has proven to be one of the best events in Nigeria receiving the best comedy show of the year at Naija FM Comedy Awards in 2017 & 2018 respectively while Kenny Blaq also shined at the Future Awards 2017, winning the Future Awards Prize for Comedy and comedian of the year at the Lagos Achievers Awards 2019.

The Oxymoron of Kenny Blaq 3 tickets are available for N5,000 Regular and N20,000 VIP and available on www.afritickets.comwww.nairabox.com and www.ariiyatickets.com

Fans can join conversations about the event on social media by using the hashtag #TheOxymoronofKennyBlaq3.

The post Music Meets Comedy: The Oxymoron of Kenny Blaq billed for THE THIRD TERM appeared first on tooXclusive.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2016 GTBAZE.COM.NG All Rights Reserved.